UPDATE: New online Masterclass dates announced
The Trauma-Informed coaching Masterclass in online format is split over two separate sessions, held via zoom on:
Session 1: January 21st 10.00 a.m. – 1.00 p.m.
Session 2: January 28th 10.00 a.m. – 1.00 p.m.
(Cost: £140 + VAT & Eventbrite fee)
To book, please click the following button, which leads to a secure checkout provided by EventBrite.
About the Trauma-Informed Coaching one day masterclass
As practitioners who work with coaches, as supervisors and teachers, we are aware that many coaches are anxious about the concept of trauma, which is often the result of lack of understanding of what trauma is. This is made more challenging as the word, trauma, is used in many different ways. In this masterclass we clarify the terminology and provide a simple, accessible, model for understanding the complexity of trauma.
We also know that coaches are concerned that working with trauma will take them into therapy territory for which they are not prepared and do not wish to enter. In this Masterclass we show how coaches are already meeting the symptoms of trauma in their practice, these do not only arise in therapy, and are more common that many realise. We provide practical exercises and guidance for how to respond within a coaching frame and how not to cross the boundary into therapy, unless you are an integrative practitioner and trained to work therapeutically.
We see an awareness of trauma and what it means for coaching to be an essential part of all coaches’ CPD.
As a result of the Coaching to Change Lives Masterclass you will:
- Be able to describe what trauma-informed coaching involves
- Be able to define trauma, and be clear what it is and isn’t
- Have a model to help you and your clients understand the complex dynamics that are part of psyche-trauma, and a way of introducing the concepts to clients where appropriate
- Have practical ways for accessing biographical information and making links between the ‘there and then’ and the ‘here and now’
- Feel confident in supporting clients explore their survival strategies and personal narratives, if they wish to
- Feel confident in using established coaching techniques to help clients access and enhance their use of healthy self resources
- Have clarity about the boundary between coaching and therapy when trauma is involved
- Become more self-aware of your own trauma survival responses as they arise in coaching.
You will find this workshop of benefit if you:
- Have experienced working with clients where change appears to be blocked, or is draining or feels hopeless, or where you feel responsible, challenged, frustrated, or that you are ‘the wrong coach’ for this client.
- Recognise that you feel anxiety thinking about trauma and coaching, or have had clients who you recognise carry internal distress, and want to get more information to enhance your coaching
- Are interested in trauma and finding out more about it.
- Want to enhance your coaching practice and take it to another level.
“I wish I’d attended a class like this years ago. It freed me to give meaningful consideration to hitherto taboo elements of a client’s story. We’ve all developed as coaches knowing that we must rigidly observe therapeutic boundaries and therefore be largely future focused; all fine and dandy but sometimes not enough to shine a light into complex corners. This thought provoking day opened up new avenues of enquiry, constantly reminding us that we are not diagnosticians yet at the same time recognising that there are things in the ‘there and then’ which play their part in whatever is going on in the ‘here and now’.”
Venue: Online via Zoom
Materials: The Masterclass is also supported by a comprehensive pack of information including further reading recommendations.
CPD hours: 6 hours, and certificates of attendance are available.
Cost: Cost: £140 + VAT & Eventbrite fee
(for both sessions combined)
2-5pm both days