Secure? Anxious? Avoidant? Understanding and applying the powerful ideas of attachment theory in coaching
Wednesday February 24th 2021, 2.00 p.m. – 5.30 p.m. UK Time
14 Jan 2021 update: sold out!
We all develop an ‘attachment style’ as a result of how we were parented. These styles profoundly influence how we make and sustain relationships, including those we make as coaches with our clients.
In this workshop we will explore the ground-breaking ideas of John Bowlby and Mary Ainsworth and their contemporary successors in neuro-psychology. You will learn:
- What attachment means in human beings
- How it affects personal and work relationships
- How it can play out in coaching, including in coach-client relationships
- How to recognize ‘rescuing’ as a danger for coaches
- How to work with ‘rescuers’ as clients
Who will benefit;
This half day workshop is for any coach who wants to deepened their psychological awareness. It will help if you have attended our masterclass in trauma-aware coaching but this is not essential. See Jenny’s blog on avoidant clients